[Cdt-l] gps with maps question

bcss at bresnan.net bcss at bresnan.net
Sun Apr 15 09:24:34 CDT 2012

If you just intend to turn your gps on to use in  perplexing situations,
then you can probably do fine without any base maps at all.  You will still
be able to navigate to waypoints and stay on route.  I have not found having
tiny maps on a tiny screen (be it a phone or gps) to be particularly useful.
A paper map is much better, and you will definitely be carrying those.

best wishes,

Jerry Brown  (bearcreek)

mailto:bcss at bresnan.net

www.bearcreeksurvey.com