[Cdt-l] Coleman was Re:Isopro fuel for pocket rocket

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 21:37:19 CDT 2012

>but we haven't been able to fit Coleman with our Pocket Rocket -are you sure??
>>Kristina, I used Coleman canisters on two occasions with my Pocket Rocket,

>>and both times I never had issues threading the PR to the canister.

I think the confusion is that Kristina may be thinking of the  16.4 oz propane canisters Coleman sells of lot of for mainly car camping.
Most canister stoves will *not* use this type of canister of course.
http://goo.gl/1ZQJg

Coleman  does sell their own branded isopro fuel blend that works with any stoves using the standard  Lindal valves
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Butane-Propane-Mix-Fuel/20595064

(More info than you ever wanted to know about Lindal valves :O http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/FAQ_GasStoves.htm#EN417 )

. Most recently made backpacking stoves
(Jetboil, Pocket Rocket, Snopeak and the Coleman's own F1 (great little stove BTW) ) make use of canisters that use the Lindal valve.

All these stoves and brands of canisters are interchangeable. Use a Coleman F1 stove with MSR fuel and all is or a MSR stove with a Coleman

canister and all is good.

Wally World  and other places sells these Coleman canisters so resupply may be a little easier for canister stoves in many places
that traditionally sold more car camping than backpacking gear.

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.twitter.com/pmagsco
http://www.facebook.com/pmags