[Cdt-l] Satellite Radio for a Thru-Hike

Charlie Manganiello manganiello.charlie at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 20:13:16 CDT 2012

Folks,

I'm
 planning another thru-hike, this time the CDT.  Does anyone have any
updated information on the use of satellite radios on a thru-hike?
Obviously, my concerns would be durabilty, signal strength, and battery
life.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  I hiked with an
am/fm portable radio on the PCT and enjoyed it very much for sports
and those mindless days where a little music goes a long way!  From the
little research I've done for the portable satellite radio it seems as
though a thru-hike wouldn't be the best application for them, but I just
 don't know.  Again, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Charlie