[Cdt-l] CDT Section - Cuba, NM, north to Silverton, CO

R Smith ronyon at comcast.net
Thu Aug 2 01:10:26 CDT 2012

Another consideration is getting through NM before it gets too hot.   I
hiked north from Grants this summer, starting June 17th and passing through
Cuba on the 22nd. By then it was way too hot to hike - I was roasting the
whole way until I got north of Ghost Ranch to a higher altitude.  In this
respect June 8th sounds about right. This will also (hopefully) put you into
Silverton before the monsoons start.

-Ron