[Cdt-l] Cdt-l down?

Daniel J Johnson danandgailsc at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 09:41:36 CDT 2012

We have not received anything since Aug 3.

Gutsy and I made it safely on the CDT from Goat Flat to Buffalo Spring. We accessed the trail via Storm Lake, July 21 and ended our 2012 section hike at Buffalo Spring. From there we took a more direct route down to Lima to avoid heavy smoke ahead (east / our intended direction). We arrived in Lima Aug 4, worked Mon/Tues on trails near Butte with Americorps.

We saw much smoke especially on the Idaho side, but saw no fires.

Our return to SC will be Friday. So we have 2 more days, tenting at Butte KOA, and roaming the city and environs.

Gutsy and Odometer
Gail and Dan Johnson