[Cdt-l] Wifi only device on trail?

R Smith ronyon at comcast.net
Sat Aug 25 22:34:00 CDT 2012

I've been using an iTouch this summer on the trail and love it.  Most motels
now have wifi, and if yours doesn't you can always sidle up next to one that
does to connect. Besides email and documents, I keep all of my books on my
iTouch using a Kindle app., and even watch movies (which I download
beforehand) in my tent if I have enough battery. I will be in the Winds this
week and will try out a USB battery I just bought to get me between towns.
As far as writing journals, it would be tough on any device that small
unless you want to take along a keyboard, which actually isn't that heavy.

Ron