[Cdt-l] Lujan to La Garita CDNST Relocation

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:32:39 CST 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Dan Bedore <mr_dan_bedore at yahoo.com> wrote:

> But in my hike across Colorado this last summer, there were many times I had
> to jump off the trail for speeding bikes.

I had the same experience hiking the CT in 2010.  I started out not
thinking one way or the other about bikes on the trail, but in some
areas I developed a 'look look back over the shoulder every minute or
two' edginess.  This did not engender a positive outlook vis-a-vis
cyclists, by the end of my hike.

I thought I read somewhere that cyclists were supposed (recommended?
advised?) to dismount, and walk their bikes around hikers.  Not once
did that occur.  If that protocol really was followed, then other than
wondering what was flying at me around any blind corner, hey, no
problemo.