[Cdt-l] Black range resupply and water

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 23:41:41 CST 2012

Otter-

The Winston store probably isn't suitable for resupply without sending a maildrop to the PO there in town. Unless their stock has changed dramatically in recent months, then it will be snacks, canned goods, and microwave items mostly. They do offer some nice Winston General Store official merchandise however. The ballcap in woodland camo is a good bet for landing that difficult return-trip hitchhike.

You may well be the first person to hike any distance in the Black Range since the last GET'er in the spring. As such, we'd be very interested in hearing about trail and water conditions when you get back. (For reference, the GET runs concurrently with the CDT from just south of Diamond Peak north to around Dry Time Tank.) Conditions this fall have been near-record dry in the region and with very little rain in sight. So any sources that are still flowing at this time will be like liquid gold and maybe worth a promotion on the water chart.

- Brett

Message: 2