[Cdt-l] CC

ks1007 at aol.com ks1007 at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 15:30:24 CST 2012

I was rummaging through my computer looking for my xmas card list and found a picture of the original monument at Crazy Cook - someone used a stick to scratch into some wet concrete the following:

             FRANK EVANS BORN
            JUNE 12 1865 KILLED
            HERE MAY 1 1907 BY
            A CRAZY COOK MURDERED
            IN COLD BLOOD WITH A
            AX  MARK BYDEAE

as I understand this incident some workers were building the fence between the u.s. and mexico and frank pissed off the cook - I have contacted a few local historians about this and have checked with people in hachita and no one seems to know anything about it - also, I understand that the concrete on the rock has been destroyed
have any of you old timers hikers got a similiar picture of this?

el coyote