[Cdt-l] CC

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 15:42:07 CST 2012

My 2006 journal has this picture:  http://spiriteaglehome.com/CDT06%20images/NM5%20Crazy%20Cook.jpgGinny
 To: cdt-l at backcountry.net
From: ks1007 at aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 16:30:24 -0500
Subject: [Cdt-l] CC

I was rummaging through my computer looking for my xmas card list and found a picture of the original monument at Crazy Cook - someone used a stick to scratch into some wet concrete the following:

             FRANK EVANS BORN

            JUNE 12 1865 KILLED

            HERE MAY 1 1907 BY

            A CRAZY COOK MURDERED

            IN COLD BLOOD WITH A

            AX  MARK BYDEAE

as I understand this incident some workers were building the fence between the u.s. and mexico and frank pissed off the cook - I have contacted a few local historians about this and have checked with people in hachita and no one seems to know anything about it - also, I understand that the concrete on the rock has been destroyed

have any of you old timers hikers got a similiar picture of this?

el coyote