[Cdt-l] Biker/Hiker Protocol

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 19:09:16 CST 2012

This from coloradotrail.org, see under 'Regulations':

"Cyclists should similarly obey the courtesy of allowing hikers (as
well as horse-back riders) the right-of-way, just as vehicles do on
city streets."

http://coloradotrail.org/camp.html

And this from the IMBA website:

"YIELD APPROPRIATELY:...Bicyclists should yield to other non-motorized
trail users, unless the trail is clearly signed for bike-only travel."

http://www.imba.com/resources/risk-management/shared-trails

Why does noone, and I mean NO ONE, follow this protocol?  Not once on
the CT.  Save for the last day, as I approached the southern CT
terminus, a guy dismounted as I approached.  Astonished, I told him he
was the first
to do that in a month.  His response:  'I'm from California.'  lol.