[Cdt-l] Biker/Hiker Protocol

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 09:05:23 CST 2012

Steven - I've been there.  And his experience is NOT unique.  In general, I've found mountain bikers to be rude, crude and inconsiderate of other trail users.  One of them recently nearly ran over my dog at high speed - and didn't even bother to look back.  The experience has been the same in all of the 46 States I've hiked in. The basic mountain bike attitude is "I want to gofast, so I will - and the hikers can damn well get out of my way".  You may be different, but I have  no reason to believe that given your attitude on this forum.