[Cdt-l] Biker/Hiker Protocol

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 11:10:14 CST 2012

During the Monarch Pass traverse, of 41 bikes that we met that day, only one stopped.  That really is pretty typical.  We hike with a dog who is scared of bikes after being nearly run over one day.  I've had to scream at bikers to stop when we needed a moment to get off trail and out of their way.  Most seem to just want to squeeze by, despite the fact that we are holding a large leaping, barking dog, rather than wait the minute or two it takes us to get him off the path.   On the CDT there aren't many horses, but I have wondered what would happen if bikes met horses in some of the narrow single track sections.  It wouldn't be pretty.   Ginny

http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/