[Cdt-l] Camera question

Doug Carlson doug-sue71 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 3 19:53:58 CST 2012

I have a camera question.  I am looking for a small compact camera that will
take short video and has zoom- hopefully a zoom I can use while using the
video.

I do not want a camera that uses rechargeable batteries- I am looking for
one that uses plain old "AA" batteries.

I do not want to mess with a recharger on the trail.  Does such a camera
exist?

Also, I'm not sure what to do about this, but I have been watching Walking
the Great Divide with my wife.  She is beginning to get an idea what thru
hiking is all about.  She even asked if I had a trail name which I do- its
Trew.   This is what my wife said, "If you want to go, go.  Its ok with me."
I have no time to start a nobo thru hike in April- I will be moving to AZ
then.   But If I were to do a sobo hike- when do the slow walkers get
started?  and here is the plus I have- I have already hiked from Glacier to
Lincoln so I could start in Lincoln and feel confident about the hike.

I am just dreaming right now.  I have plans to hike NM in the fall, and a
nice section of Colo in July.  I am wait until 2013 to put something more
concrete together.

I do need  help finding a camera.

~Trew