[Cdt-l] Camera Question

Rebecca Mezoff rebecca.mezoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 08:51:23 CST 2012

Trew--
I have been using the Canon Elph in various incarnations for a long
time. It is small, has something of a zoom, does macro, and takes
videos fairly well considering what it is. It is small and takes
lithium batteries.  My father uses a camera with AAs and I would
highly discourage it for backpacking. The little lithium rechargeables
are not only lighter, they last a million times longer.  I take an
extra with me and the two batteries will take something like 800-1000
photos before I need to recharge them. My dad's AAs probably only
shoot 50 before he needs new batteries (or to recharge his AAs.).
Consider a small camera with rechargeable lithiums and then carry an
extra charged battery or two. It'll be lighter and the camera will
work much better.
But then, you have to HYOH!
Rebecca