[Cdt-l] angeling

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 11:17:17 CST 2012

Whoa, whoa, whoa . . . . I did not "grade" Keith, nor do I "grade" any
Angels.

Since Keith chose to post this message to the CDT-L, I feel compelled to
reply.  Keith has emailed me several times asking if he is listed in my
book.  I always replied that no, he was not in the book.  Last week, Keith
emailed again, and here is the response I sent to Keith:
Hello Keith -

Several weeks ago you asked the same question, and at that time I replied
that you are not in the book.  I've tried to dodge this subject, but I
suppose I should tell you the whole story.

You obviously have a great passion for helping hikers!  But, I've received
mixed reviews from hikers who have stayed with you.  I won't go into
details.  I can tell you that when I receive a fair amount of negative
comments from hikers about ANY place along the trail, then I exclude that
place from my books.  If I *did* include that place, then I would be
responsible to print the negative comments.  I'd rather not print negative
comments.  For that reason, there are a handful of places along the Pacific
Crest Trail and Continental Divide Trail which are excluded from my books.

So, that's why you're not in the book.  It seems like most hikers find you,
anyway!

This is a touchy subject.  I'm not intending to be hurtful, but I felt you
deserved an explanation.

Thanks for all you do for hikers.

Yogi