[Cdt-l] Atlantic City to Pinedale perhaps Piper

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Jul 7 12:42:41 CDT 2012

Yep, I'm Piper.

I think my plan is to help them resupply by bringing a delivery to
Big Sandy. Then I will hike with them and play by ear. My maps
mention following the Highline or Freemont trails to Green Lake and
various sources say it's anywhere from 64 to 72 to 80+ miles one way.
I even found a source that mentions a shuttle in Pinedale. I'm
reallly fuzzy about the geography of the area, but I'm hoping I can
make it work somehow, even if I have to just do a there and back and
turn around somewhere in the middle of nowhere. I have about 8-9 days
of hiking to work with, assuming it's 2 days to drive each way.

I hope it's totally not crazy to go there with such a vague plan. I
felt like my whole PCT hike was a huge vague plan.

They're mailing me pepper spray. I think I'll bring a bear can. Do
they even work for grizzlies? Should I bother? I can't throw a line
over a tree branch to save my life.