[Cdt-l] Montana Wilderness Association accepts bikes on the CDT because the local agency does

Shannon Freix sfreix at wildmontana.org
Tue Jul 10 13:20:21 CDT 2012

Hello Folks -

Yes, please contact me if you have any concerns or questions. I have
slightly different explanations than John's statements, but always welcome
friendly, neighborly and constructive input from anyone that has interest
in the CDT.

I have a good handle on the policy info, but as John cites, it is a little
ambiguous when it comes to the local land manager decision-making. Open
conversations are the best way to discuss and find a solution. Here at MWA,
we are very interested working together to find and create solutions. Let's
talk! I also invite John Gatchell, MWA Conservation Director, to the table.
He is a key person at MWA also leading work on the CDT Montana Program.

Thanks so much for reaching out. It's great to see all the interest in CDT
Montana and we'll do our best to make this a trail for thru-hikers and the
folks that live in the near-by communities and use the CDT all year round.
We are very lucky to have this great treasure in our backyard and so
pleased that so many folks want to see it become a completed reality.

We sure appreciate the interest in our work!

--
Shannon Freix
*Montana Wilderness Association

*Watch a short flick about CDT Montana <http://cdtmontana.org/pbs.html>