[Cdt-l] Montana Wilderness Association accepts bikes on the CDT because the local agency does

Sly hikertrash at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:34:53 CDT 2012

Hey Eric,

Mixed report there.

First you say bikes are a non-issue then you point out the section from
Monarch to Marshall Pass where they ARE an issue. However, since that
section of trail was "grandfathered in" so to speak, I'll let it go.
What's worse than that section is the one up by Tin Cup, with motor
bikes and ATV's. OK, that was grandfathered in too. Oh well.

What I don't want to see is the trail in Montana any way similar to
those sections in Colorado and others with high speed traffic. If they
want to build new "official" CDT that accepts bikes, oh well again, I'll
just try and find an alternate route.

What I prefer is the CDTS approach to a "silent trail" which for the
most part means foot traffic only, be it human or horse.

Sly