[Cdt-l] Civility on the CDT-L

Mark Nienstaedt mark.nienstaedt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 19:04:54 CDT 2012

Longhiker I'm sure you are a fine person.  You should check your impulses
to tell other hikers to "Get over it", "Stay home", & etc., and leave off
sneering about "philosophers" on the CDT-L.  This is a public forum and the
ethic ought to be civility.  I think your substantive point that the
Montana Wilderness Association is a valued organization and deserving of
hiker support was a good one.  But you were steadily undermining its impact
with the extraneous comments.  We all belong within the hiker community and
should feel welcome on trail.

We all support avoiding user conflicts.  It's too late in the game to keep
motorized recreationalists off public lands.  But it is not too late to
keep them off a silent, hiker dedicated CDT.  That ought to be our common
goal.

Buffalo Jump Sly!
AT '02, JMT '03, LT '05, PCT '11 & aspiring to the CDT 2013...