[Cdt-l] How to get to Dubois?

bcss at bresnan.net bcss at bresnan.net
Fri Jul 13 09:27:25 CDT 2012

There are two ways to get to Dubois, from Union Pass or from where you cross
Highway 287.  Either way, you must hitch a ride. It's a good resupply after
the Winds heading north or after Yellowstone heading south. Union Pass is a
dirt road but has quite a bit of traffic.  If you hitch down Hwy 287, the
official route through Brooks Lake is a bit closer than Togwotee Pass. The
official route between Union Pass (Lake of the Woods) and Hwy 287 is one of
the most confusing spots on the entire CDT. If you go that way be sure to
take a gps. The Wolf route is less confusing.

best wishes,

Jerry Brown
mailto:bcss at bresnan.net
www.bearcreeksurvey.com