[Cdt-l] Teton Range Alternate Route

Charlie Manganiello manganiello.charlie at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 19:56:52 CDT 2012

Hello CDT-L,

I know there are a lot of different alternate routes on the CDT like the Butte Cut-Off, Rocky Mountain National Park, San Juans, etc. However, I haven't seen much on if folks who hike the CDT string Yellowstone and the Winds together by going through the Tetons instead of the traditional Togwotee Pass way. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?  Has anyone done it?

It seems as though it may be easy to get into the Tetons from Yellowstone, but I'm not very familiar with trails leading out of the southern Tetons into the Winds. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Charlie