[Cdt-l] Elbow Pass Fire in Bob Marshall

Shannon Freix sfreix at wildmontana.org
Fri Jul 13 22:29:00 CDT 2012

Keep an eye out for a growing fire at Elbow Pass in the Bob Marshall
Wilderness. It's near Benchmark; a primary in/out for thru-hikers on the
Rocky Mountain Front. The inciweb report has not been updated in roughly a
day, however, a new local report was issued today with new trail closures
and size of the fire now at 500 acres. I excpect they will be updating this
site very soon with this info: http://inciweb.org/incident/3021/.

FYI: Montana weather will likely include thunderstorms this weekend into
next week so we might be looking at some new starts. Stay informed and keep
checking for new info.

Volunteer crews working on Stemple Pass near Lincoln all next week if you
happen to be in the area and want to stop in for a snack or cold beer with
our CDT Montana Crews. Trip the last week of August near Johnson Lake in
Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness. Same thing - stop in and say hello. Volunteers
love meeting/seeing thru-hikers on the trail.

--
Shannon Freix
*Montana Wilderness Association

*Watch a short flick about CDT Montana <http://cdtmontana.org/pbs.html>
Like us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/cdtmontana#>*

*NOTE: I am in the field and away from phone and computer access beginning
7/15 and returning 7/25. *