[Cdt-l] Teton Range Alternate Route

Krystele BODET kbodet at bmp.fr
Sat Jul 14 11:37:52 CDT 2012

Hi
I am riding the CDT Northbound with my 2 mules (or on alternates if the
trail is too hard for them), and I am planning to go through Grand Teton
instead of Yellowstone.
My route will be :
- CDT trail from Green river pass to Green river lake (more exactly, North
from Green river lake, on FT146 Roaring fork)
- Then roaring fork road (Big bend) to Union pass road
- Then turn right North on Kinky Creek road (FR620) - Follow the Gros ventre
river on this dirt road up to Lower Slide lake
- Cross Jackson hole heading West through Granite canyon trail
- Then follow the  Alaska basin trail and the Teton crest trail (following
the Teton range on the West side of the crest)
- Continue North through Winegar hole wilderness
and then head North through Idaho to join the CDT but I did not study the
maps yet.

Part of my route is on dirt roads which is fine with mules but may be boring
for you
I am in Pinedale right now and back on the trail next Monday.

Happy trails!

Krystèle - "French mule"
www.krystelebodet.com