[Cdt-l] Teton Range Alternate Route

Jim and_or Ginny Owen spiriteagle99 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 16:06:13 CDT 2012

Hog - We did part of the Teton Crest a few years ago.  It was great, but watch out for the snow.  Also there's considerable roadwalking if you do that route as part of the CDT.  Several people have done it over the last 10 or 12 years.  Hmm - watch out for the maots, too - they LOVE anything salty and they'll eat your pack, shoes, socks, hiking poles, whatever if you give them a chance.   The Bechler is also good.  As you said - good waterfalls and hot springs.   Also, our 2006 thru didn't do the "usual" route through YNP.  Instead, we cut East from Two Ocean Creek and went up the east side to Cook City, then across the north side of YNP and up the Skyline Trail, the Devil's Backbone and into the Spanish Peaks.  Others have also done variations of that route and enjoyed it.   It's all good,Jim
http://www.spiriteaglehome.com/