[Cdt-l] Lincoln MT

Joel Gat carguy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 10:33:09 CDT 2012

Hello,

> There's a great little motel in Lincoln called the Three Bears Motel.

Agreed, stayed there a couple weeks ago.

> They give rides
> to/from Rogers Pass for $10.

Maybe it depends on their mood, but I paid $5 for that same service from them.

> We had Verizon service from Rogers Pass and called for a ride.  No bars on

In either direction, a few hours away from Rogers Pass, you also can
get cell phone service.  I was going southbound and, at their
suggestion, called them from the top of Green Mountain.  I had 4 bars
3G service (VZW) at the top of Green Mountain.  Louanne said it's
about 3 hours from there to Rogers Pass, but I knew I'd be slower, so
I asked them to meet me in 4 hours.  Kevin said most hikers take
3.5~4.5 hours, so he showed up right about when I showed up.

Although the distances in town are not far, I couldn't believe how
awesome Kevin was - we got to the motel and he knew I wanted some
poweraide, beer, and pizza, so Louanne called in a pizza order for me,
Kevin drove me to the store so I could get drinks and beer, and then
he drove me to the pizza place so I could grab my pizza.  Then he
drove me back to the hotel.  He even offered to drive me to that Jerky
place (can't recall the name, they have a huge variety and you can
sample everything) at the other end of town.

They are awesome.  Plain and simple.

Oh, and they're dog friendly (two of their rooms are pets-allowed, one
$55 and one $60/night).  And we all hung out on their swinging chair
and some other guests came by and made a roaring fire.

Very cool people.

Side note, if you don't want to move far while resting their, right
behind the hotel is a dive bar with a great outdoor deck.  They have a
couple local (Helena) beers on tap, and make a decent (not great)
burger, and they're relatively inexpensive.  And did I mention next
door to 3brs?

Joel