[Cdt-l] South Pass PO: Alternative to Lander

Rick Ostheimer rick.ostheimer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 13 18:32:42 CDT 2012

If you don't want to hitch into Lander, I can recommend Pinedale as a
great town stop about halfway thru the Winds.  Having hiked straight
through from Rawlins stopping by South Pass City to pick up my box, I
really enjoyed the stop.  It's easy to get a hitch from the trailhead
and not too far off the CDT.  I stayed at the Half Moon Lodge which I
found very hiker friendly.  Owner gave me a ride back to the trail.
----Handlebar