[Cdt-l] CDT Conditions in CO

CHARLES MILLER chuck-miller at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 19 16:22:57 CDT 2012

I am planning to hike north on the CDT into CO from Cumbres Pass, NM starting mid-July.  I plan to hike 5 or 6 weeks.  Two questions:
  a.. I know there are several fires.  It is hard to know what it is really like from Houston.  Is this a bad time to start this hike?  I know it may be too early to decide, but I would appreciate any first-hand information or thoughts.
  b.. Is the CDT distinct and well marked from Cumbres until it joins the CT?  I have maps and a GPS.
Thanks,
Tex
Chuck Miller, Houston