[Cdt-l] CDT Conditions in CO

bcss at bresnan.net bcss at bresnan.net
Tue Jun 19 17:09:43 CDT 2012

>From a snowpack point of view, it is a really good year for the San Juans
and Weminuche.  So far there are no fires that are impacting the trail in
Colorado, but that could change.  There will be fire restrictions everywhere
by then so be prepared for that.

The CDT is not defined well, often, or at all in many places.   It has some
surprise turns that are totally unmarked and easy to miss.  You need to pay
close attention to your maps.  Get the free waypoints from my website and
check your gps whenever you feel uncertain.  The co-located CT segments are
well signed and easy to follow but once you leave the CT it will be the same
story again.  I was frustrated by the lack of definition when I started but
after a while you learn to cope with it and it's kind of fun figuring out
where the trail, or lack, thereof is supposed to go.  It will undoubtedly
improve your navigation skills.

Have fun!  CDT Colorado is really an amazing adventure.

best wishes,

Jerry Brown

mailto:bcss at bresnan.net

www.bearcreeksurvey.com