[Cdt-l] Blowdowns after Monark Lake

thomas conover tkconover1 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 12:54:12 CDT 2012

I concur Ranger and myself encountered the blowdowns and tried descending to the lake and after a mile of boulder hoping along the shore decided to just beeline it bushwacking to the ranger station that is closed up. Took us about 1 1/2 hours along the shore and about the same amount of time thru the forest to the ranger station. One alternative might be to ask a boater at the end of Granby Lake for a lift to the ranger station if they are headed that way. Otherwise I would definetelty do the raodwalk suggested by others. Pretty scratched up from the ordeal, but once again the trail is not easy to do. Looking forward to our hike into Steamboat Springs for a zero day.