[Cdt-l] Headed out to Glacier today!

shylirin shylirin1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 06:58:34 CDT 2012

To follow up (a week late), the west side of Glacier looks great for about the first 6 miles. After a bear encounter followed by some bad trail karma, I backed out of the trip that week (hiking later is better than not hiking at all). The park rangers have said the Boulder Pass area is still tricky to get past, but otherwise the trails going in from Kintla Lake seem great.  I'm going to be heading back to the park from Twin Falls, ID on 7/5 to go again. I'll be passing through Missoula and can drop hikers off at West Glacier if anyone needs help getting up that direction.

Shylirin