[Cdt-l] Fwd: Starting my CDT adventure with my dog, on Saturday (err, later today!)

Josie josie1066 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 21:25:07 CDT 2012

Thank you Jonathan--
You hit the nail on the head-- my 72 lb border collie is one of the ones who does fine, no, he does great.  That said, Joel, do pay attention to how your dog does--especially on some of the (dirt) road walking--it can be really brutal on the dog’s feet.
Jo
(www.postholer.com/jo)

Key word there is "most"... some dogs can do fine on a thru-hike, are
well-behaved, have a good time, and no real health problems. It totally
depends on the dog (and very much on the human companion's judgement).
Hopefully Barley will do great out there - good luck!

-Jonathan