[Cdt-l] Jerry Waypooints, POI's and Jonathon Maps

Dry Camp wingnut.hiker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 10:53:59 CST 2012

I totally agree with Frank and really disagree with Scott. Of course, two
of us are actually hiking. Lot of self appointed critics out there.

So far I have found the mileage markers to be very useful. I for one really
appreciate the idea of having a reference point within a mile of where I am
at all times.I've never tried this poi thing before but will definitely
check it out.

On Tuesday, March 6, 2012, Frank Gilliland <frankgilliland at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jerry for posting the POI file.  From a hiker and small gps user
(Etrex20) view point, I find it very useful to have all of the CDTA
Waypoints Points shown as POI points (including the ones marked mileage)  I
would keep ALL of the POI points active because the file size is very small
anyway !

> With over 7,000 points, it is very cool to have ALL of the points not
taking up the waypoint max limit.  It is like an electronic
bread crumb trail.
> But, as I always say; Hike Your Own Hike(HYOH), Cary Your Own Gear(CYOG),
Pick Your Own Route (PYOR) and now:  Choose Your Own Data (CYOD)

> Second Thank you to Jonathon Ley!  Got my maps yesterday, all updated and
ready for viewing and printing fun.  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You !
> I will be checking the Compass Rose Lat/Long of this year's maps to the
file from the prior year (and will post if any changes).  I have the
old Compass Rose file along with the "OOO" track file and other track and
waypoint files files at: