[Cdt-l] ATT vs Verizon

jaevans at pcisys.net jaevans at pcisys.net
Mon Mar 12 13:48:50 CDT 2012

One other thing to consider is that rural areas near the CDT may not have
service through the large providers like AT&T and Verizon directly.  You
may often get service through small rural companies that are contracted to
provide service for the larger companies.  This may mean higher service
costs, lack of service such as texting or data, and of course, lots and
lots of roaming where your phone continually looks for its main provider -
this latter issue can eat battery life.

If I carry a cell phone when backpacking, I usually leave it off unless I
need to make a call or I am waiting for calls from folks who are planning
to rendezvous with me along my trip.

john