[Cdt-l] Batteries

Yeti yeti1938 at fultek.com
Tue Mar 13 08:47:10 CDT 2012

Barb, I made some tests on Sanyo Eneloop & Sanyo 2700 mah batteries to
see how long they actually lasted. I turned on the GPS & left it on with
freshly charged batteries until the GPS died while tracking in the
"time" mode saving the tracks to the external card. Neither will last as
long as the lithium versions of course but not bad & MUCH cheaper. The
Eneloop lasted 17 hrs, 41 minutes & the 2700 mah lasted 22 hrs, 56
minutes. The Eneloop's are long lasting & the 2700 mah aren't but that
doesn't apply in this case since you aren't letting them sit unused for
a long time. So, I will use the 2700 mah versions & charge them just
before I leave & take a charger with me to recharge in town when I
resupply. I am tracking a long hike this year so I'm taking enough
batteries to do that. By the way, I have a Garmin 60Cx.

I hope this helps, Yeti