[Cdt-l] GPS & Battery Usage

ron guay ron.a.guay2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:55:28 CDT 2012

I use the New Trent MP1000.  1100mAH rechargeable battery pack.  It kept me
'found' on the PCT last year from Trail Pass to Sierra City+.  It can
supply 5V @ 1A using its standard USB plug.  Out of the box it can be used
with most Android (micro/mini) and Apple smartphones/devices.

With the new USB recharcheable Steri-Pen and an interface to a
headlamp...etc...these battery packs (in general) might be even more
useful!

A Steri-Pen adapter for a smartphone would be cooler though....phone, web,
Email, LED light, book(s), GPS...and water sterilization.