[Cdt-l] Gentle Reminder

lynne whelden lwgear at juno.com
Sun Mar 18 07:52:45 CDT 2012

The amazing thing about signs like arrows drawn in the sand or a note inside a ziplock dangling from a limb is that someone took the time to do it.
Whether it's because so many hikers are in "survival mode," or they're exhausted or they're thinking nobody else is behind them, those random acts of trail kindness are oh so welcome--like drops of water to a parched tongue!
Once again, I would ask the current crop of CDT hikers to consider adding one roll of red surveyor tape (about 2 ounces) to your pack. After you've figured out a particularly difficult junction, instead of the normal reaction of "Gee, I've just spent 2 hours trying to find the trail, now I've got to shift into high gear," drop your pack, retrace your tortured steps and string up a few strands of red tape along the way.
Hikers for years to come will be thanking YOU!

lynne whelden
lwgear.com