[Cdt-l] Gentle Reminder

Andrew James longhiker.pct at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 16:21:22 CDT 2012

Well said.

Never knew the Etrex was that light. Do you have one?  Would you recommend
it?

AJ

On Sunday, March 18, 2012,  <bcss at bresnan.net> wrote:
> I have lots of flagging laying around and I just weighed a roll of it.  A
single roll weighs 4-1/2 ounces, which is exactly what a Garmin E-trex 30
with batteries weighs.  You can load the entire CDT waypoint database into
the Etrex, including the confusing and, or, unmarked turns.  Like flagging
without the mess.

> best wishes,
>

> Jerry Brown
>
> (970) 403-3527    Cell: (970) 749-0496
>
> mailto:bcss at bresnan.net
>
> www.bearcreeksurvey.com

On Behalf Of Brian Dickson
> Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 2:52 PM
> To: cdt-l at backcountry.net
> Subject: [Cdt-l] Fw: Gentle Reminder
>

> Its not 'grating and offensive' Lynne, I just don't happen to agree!
>

> brian

man. I learned long ago that I can't please everybody. My only hope is that
what I'm suggesting will resonate with some one who will then actually do
it. I'm also assuming that not everyone reads every list email so an
occasional (this is, what, the third email in the past 3 months?) reminder
is in order.
> Call it gross, call it pollution, call it litter, call it a blaze.
> I call it the elite 1% responding to the needs of the 99% who wouldn't
even consider hiking the CDT otherwise. If I didn't care, I wouldn't bother
writing.