[Cdt-l] Jerry Browns Maps: Bear Creek Survey, CDTA route

ron guay ron.a.guay2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 14:17:30 CDT 2012

Jerry,

I just finished getting your CDTA data into Excel, extracting the segments,
mileage, descriptions...etc...and was able to create 8 GeoRSS xml files
(Bing import) and 8 kml files (Google Earth/Maps)...

In doing so, I noticed that waypoints in CO were named differently (no
segments)...and no Altitude values were given at all for all states.  I
could be wrong...but any reasons for this?

Also, this is called the "official" CDTA route so I'm guessing you pulled
most of your paper maps from them.  How much face to face time did you
need/get with the Forest Service/BLM to fill in any gaps when logging this
data?  Did you work for the CDTA or were you hired by anyone to do this?

Thank you,

Blister
AT - 2006
PCT - 2011