[Cdt-l] Hello from a SOBO

Joey joey at dogsplayingpoker.org
Wed May 9 09:07:53 CDT 2012

I meant to do this a while ago, but I just wanted to introduce myself as a
SOBO thru hiker for this year. I've been lurking on the list for a while,
but really haven't posted much.

Despite all the advice against such in Yogi's book, this will be my first
long distance hike, so I don't yet have a trail name. I've done plenty of
backpacking and such, just nothing this extended.

I'll be taking Amtrak from Chicago out to East Glacier sometime in the
begining of June depending on when the snow melts enough.

Also, this list doesn't seem to be too active for gathering together thru
hikers. I could have missed it, but we are only about a month out from when
SOBOs start, but I haven't seen many "I'm a thru hiker posts." Is there
another place to look for those thru-hiking this season? It would be nice
to know when people are planning to arrive in Glacier, whether we hike
together or not.

Joey