[Cdt-l] Cell phone on the CDT?

Moynihan mary.moynihan at gmail.com
Fri May 11 12:39:18 CDT 2012

I found most of the payphones along the CDT to be covered in cobwebs. They
are a thing of the past. If your comfortable not having access every town
and sometimes a couple towns in a row, cellphone free is the way to go.
Plus, it's lighter in weight! At Monida, there is no longer a phone. My
recommendation if your NOBO while walking along the frontage road take any
ride that comes along. Getting back is easy. If you do have to walk all the
way to Monida, the man in the caboose and the little home next to it has
super friendly owners. I met Casey, a horsepacker, a couple days south on
the trail who offered to help if I needed.
Word of advice: Chama has no working payphones. Don't waste your time
walking to each. They are covered in cobwebs. Those spiders relatives moved
into Darby, MT payphones too. And of course some towns just flat out got
rid of the stalls all together.