[Cdt-l] Be careful out there.... :O

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat May 19 17:36:52 CDT 2012

On May 19, 2012, at 10:00 AM, cdt-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Now the caveats:
>
> Caldera cones have no side access point and cannot be installed
> over the
> stove until AFTER the stove is fueled and ignited.
>
> Once installed over the burning stove, it is still very vulnerable
> to being
> blown over until the pot and contents are on the cone.

Maybe because mine is still new, but the cone has to be put on the
pot before put over the stove. It is pretty much stuck to the pot and
lifts off the stove as one unit with the pot. I wouldn't be trying to
light an alcohol stove if the wind is blowing so hard the stove might
blow away anyway. But it's nice to have the stove fully enclosed with
the cone.