[Cdt-l] Be careful out there.... :O

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sat May 19 18:47:44 CDT 2012

Diane;

The fit is supposed to be tight between a properly paired CC and pot. I have
to use a stick or tent peg in a lower vent slot in order to separate the two
once cooking is done, but I've never had the slightest problem just sliding
the pot INTO the cone once the cone is over the burning stove.

I use the Esbit stove, so the cone's wind-shielding function is far more
critical to me than to an alcohol user. As soon as my tablet is burning
enough to keep going when I remove my lighter, I drop the cone over the
store, then watch through the top to be sure it really stays going before
inserting the pot. This QA step - which you avoid with alcohol - adds
vulnerability to my set-up

It may just be a difference in our techniques. Whatever works for you, or as
they say, YMMV.  :D