[Cdt-l] MT smowpack Stemple to Anaconda? THANKS!

PeekTrekker4 at aol.com PeekTrekker4 at aol.com
Thu May 24 22:30:55 CDT 2012

Many thanks to all 4 of  you who responded to the query below!
Trekker

In a message dated 5/21/2012 10:16:05 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
PeekTrekker4 at aol.com writes:

    I'm hoping to hike S from Stemple Pass MT on 1  Jun, in this below
average snowpack year everywhere in MT except Glacier NP.  Does anyone have
personal knowledge or thoughts about snowpack from Stemple  Pass down across the
Anaconda Cutoff and into the Anaconda-Pintler  Wilderness.
    Stemple to Anaconda is roughly 6,500 to 8,500,  most in the 6,000s and
7,000s. From Goat Flat into the A-P Wilderness is  higher elevation I know,
but that would be another week into Jun, and 2.5  weeks from today.
Postholer shows no snow (I guess) in some of these areas,  but I'm not familiar with
the reporting station names, so that chart is a  crapshoot to me. Helena NF
says probably patches but no fields to  Anaconda.

Thanks,
Trekker

Cdt-l  mailing  list
Cdt-l at backcountry.net