[Cdt-l] trail angels no more

Bob Sartini bobsartini at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 08:10:06 CST 2012

Wow.

 Matt, I'm new to the CDT but I've done my share of trail angeling and a
fair amount of backpacking. I've stayed in some truly nasty places too.
People providing shuttles and lodging and helping hikers are not exploiting
anyone for money. They may not be altruistic but they are being helpful. I
have no personal experience in Deming but I do know at least one injured
hiker who was very appreciative of the help he received from these very
angels.

I know also that keeping guidebooks up to date is not an easy chore either.
The fact is Yogi charges for her books and it's a miracle that she bothers
to do it at all. I doubt she's getting rich at it either. We should be
thankful that she does it. We should also be thankful that Keith and Mary
have been at it over the years.  Many of us are happy to have a person we
can call in a strange town.

I plan to start at CC so i have no dog in this fight. But hiker's with a
sense of entitlement don't do any of us any good.

bamboo bob

--
Everything is in Walking Distance