[Cdt-l] Keith in Deming, NM

Brill Stephen stephenbrill at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 09:38:30 CST 2012

Even though I don’t often post to CDT-L, I feel the need to comment.

I am a section hiker of the CDT and I have stayed with Keith and Mary twice.  These are kind and generous people who offered assistance, transportation, and friendship to me.  Knowing that there is someone in Deming who will help hikers is invaluable.

It saddens me that Keith and Mary will no longer offer their home for hikers to stay in.  But it is good to know that the rest of the services that Keith has provided will still be available.  At some point in the future, I will return to southern New Mexico to hike the section north of Emory Pass.  At that time, I look forward to going to Deming, to treat Keith to a meal at his favorite Mexican restaurant, and to enjoy his company and friendship once again.

-- Moondancer