[Cdt-l] Walk in da woods

iceaxehikes at gmail.com iceaxehikes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 18:02:41 CST 2012

Spirit Eagle, i think a lot of folks take the VERY graphic account of Bill Bryson on the AT as nothing less than the truth.
If you mean to say it is fictional, i have not seen that anywhere nor is it implied.
Like i said, i liked the book even though it differed from my experience.
I liked it because the few things similar to mine were extremely close.
Such as; i totally and completely failed at mile 43 back in 1992 on the PCT.
It was quite spectacular having been sent off by 100 friends and family to return one week later in utter shame.
It took 18 years to recover my pride and succesfully thru hike the PCT with a continuous line of steps.
Bryson's book hit very close to home.. In fact TOO close to home on that exact theme to be fiction.
Amazing that we are all so different, with different ideas, politics, and interests, to yet end up sharimg so much emotion.
In fact your site: SpiritEagle is a great inspiration to myslef and others.
Cheers my friends