[Cdt-l] angels and magic

Jackie McDonnell yogihikes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:00:34 CST 2012

This is an interesting thread.

FYI for those of you who do not know why Keith & Mary are omitted from my
books:  When Keith and Mary started their hiker business, I received
numerous negative comments about them and their place.  These comments were
not solicited; the hikers contacted me all on their own.  I'm not talking
one or two emails; it's a surprisingly large number of hikers who had bad
experiences with them.  At first I left Keith & Mary out of the book
because I figured they were new to angeling, and as time went on the
negative comments would stop.  That didn't happen.  They kept coming.

As the books went through revisions, I decided they would not be included
in the book, and here's why:  I feel that if I list their place in my books
I would be obligated to paint the whole picture, positive and negative.
 I'M SIMPLY UNWILLING TO PRINT NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT A TRAIL ANGEL.  I'm
not that mean.  I do realize that lots of hikers have great experiences
there.  But an overwhelmingly large number of hikers have written to me
detailing bad experiences.  I will not go into details here.

Keith states that he has hundreds of hikers stay with him each year.  Being
omitted from my book clearly doesn't have an impact on his hiker business.
 His snarky comments about me on this list, however, have guaranteed that
his hiker business information will never be included in my books.

Yogi
www.pcthandbook.com