[Cdt-l] angels and magic

Matthew Edwards iceaxehikes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:43:59 CST 2012

I did not stay at Coyote's (Keith and Mary) house in Deming.
This had nothing to do with anything Keith, other than a slight case of
heat exhaustion i had on day three.
I stayed at the American Inn motel so as not to burden anyone.
Spent the afternoon and the night with the AC on full blast and drinking
Snapple Peach Iced tea until i was well again.

As most may know i am in Yogi's latest guide.

Keith, I was reluctant to stay at your place for the simple reason i wanted
to be alone while i was figuring out
the beginning of my hike and strengthening my resolve, and recovering.
There was nothing personal in my decision to avoid your place and when the
3 thirties (Jack Beanstalk, Sarong, Chief Chihuahua)  told me later you had
been expecting me, i felt really bad.
I thought about it from that day, until this, in fact.

I am sorry for any hard feelings and i assure you none were intended.

Sage, and the three thirties as well as others had nothing but good things
to say about their stay at your house.

Dang.. this is hard.. i am between a friend i have never met and a friend i
barely know, here..

In fact, i heard you like old mystery TV shows like Columbo.. that is my
favorite! Even got Peter Faulk's autograph when i was a kid.

Looking back, i sure wish i had stayed with you and Mary now.

At the time i know i did the right thing. When i am hurting, i seek
solitude so as not to impose on others.

Just want to thank you and Mary for the kind invitation to your home.

I also know Yogi has a good heart.
She simply asked me what my experiences were on the CDT.
If you saw here extensive questionaire for the guidebooks you would know
that it is impartial.
There are no "leading" questions and she simply aggregates the information
and every word i entered ended up in the guide exactly as i wrote it even
with
mis-spellings and bad grammer at times.(yikes, i am a bad writer!)

I know i can't fix things between y'all.
But being a plumber (scratch that) HUMAN, i have to try.

I love you both for the work you do to support hikers, past, present, and
future.

Even though i barely know either of you,
I judge neither of you other than to say; you are bigger hearted people
than me.

This is really hard for me and i think i should not even have posted
this..  but i can't turn back now that i have hit the enter button.

Peace- iceaxe