[Cdt-l] angels and magic

Andrew longhiker.pct at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:49:23 CST 2012

Yogi, good for you.  It's hard to get all teary eyed about this.

I realize now that comments made on CDTL a couple years back about Crazy
Cook being dangerous and terrible was really just marketing strategy to
maximize profits for the Deming "Trail Angel" business.  I was really
concerned at the time but hiked Crazy Cook regardless and found it to be
just the opposite.  It was really nice, adequate water, no safety issues.

I suspect another big reason for the demise of this business is that others
have dismissed the myths and chosen to go Crazy Cook instead of via Deming.
Pretty good Mexican food in Lordsburg too, and when you go to a cheap motel
at least you know what to expect.

AJ